Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Color Inspiration Part Two

Holiday Inspiration from Knitting a Sock







 You may recall that knitting a sock inspired me to go with a color inspiration of pink and green.  I must say it has taken some time for me to put it together.  And I am not sure I will stick with it every year but I did have fun doing something different.


I came across these amazing snow globe cloches featured in Poppytalk and I was drawn to the cover of Heather Sprigg's Gatherings Gift Guide cover and its yarn wrapped branches.  I just grabbed what I had at home - a bell jar, my yarn and some branches I usually keep in the basement...oh, and some styrofoam for the glittered tree and one to shave into snow for the bell jar.

It created a bit of a mini winterland - just above my fireplace.






A good spot to curl up and finally finish my other sock...

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow...jaw-dropping. I just love how you worked your inspiration into a winter wonderland! It's stunning! I'm totally digging the white branches. Were yours already white or did you paint them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren. The branches are actually a sort of natural colour. They almost look like they have been sandblasted - if that makes sense. I had my eye on some manzanita branches at a local florist but they were 185 dollars and I remembered I had these in the basement. I was going to just spray paint some branches from the garden and I think that would work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photography is always so inspiring. I LOVE the colors you came up with for your holiday inspiration. I took went untraditional this year with teal and silver and all whites- yeah I know that is 2 color inspirations but hey, I couldn't choose. And actually my kitchen is all traditional red and green cuz i had too much traditional that I loved. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...